Video and Social Media Policy
In these unusual times, the use of video calls and social media creates many positive opportunities for keeping in touch and helping maintain a sense of community. We recognise the risks associated with this for our young people and have outlined some guidelines for safeguarding purposes.
- Any video call or social media group will be by invitation only from Wymondham Abbey – people will not be able to add themselves uninvited
- Parents will be informed of the time and date of any group video calls and are welcome to check on their children during the call
- Two adults from the Wymondham Abbey ministry team will always be present on a video call or on a social media group
- Everyone must be appropriately dressed during video calls
- Please be mindful of the background – such as posters on the walls and ensure there is nothing which may cause offense to others.
- No one is allowed to record any images, sound or video during the calls.
The usual rules of respect for one another, kindness and use of appropriate language apply in this ‘virtual’ environment as it would face to face.